1. General settings
- Recording window always on top: It ensures that the recording window is always on top of other windows.
- Check the version when Honeycam starts: An update notification pops up when Honeycam is updated.
- ESC Key to exit window: It closes the program when the "ESC" key is pressed.
- Output folder: You can select the saving location for a file created or edited by Honeycam.
2. Recording settings
- Capture mouse cursor: A mouse cursor is visible in images being recorded.
- Merge frames if there is no movement on the screen: A frame does not change if there is no movement in a screen while recording, but frames are added after movement is detected.
- Move the "REC" window with mouse while pressing Ctrl+Alt keys: A recording window can be easily moved by moving the mouse if the size of the recording window is recording a small area.
- Maximum recording time (sec): If the maximum recording time is set up, recording is automatically stopped when the preset recording time is over.
- Remember the "REC" window position when switching tabs: You can fix the default location of the "REC" window.
3. Editing settings
- Go to the first frame from the last frame when using the Up/Down arrow keys.: If it is unselected, you will not be able to move from the first or last frame in the frame list using the arrow keys.
- Maximum memory usage for editing (MB): In order to prevent the PC from freezing because of insufficient memory while processing, the maximum memory value for Honeycam can be set up in advance. Recording is automatically stopped when the memory being used exceeds the preset maximum value.
- Use Undo function: You can undo your work such as deleting or moving a frame, adjusting time settings, crop, etc.
- Remember the "Edit" window position when switching tabs: You can fix the default location of the "Edit" window.
4. Hotkey settings
- Record/Stop/Pause: You can set up shortcuts to start, pause and stop recording.
- Disable alert when failed to register hotkey: You can set up the option to stop receiving notifications through a pop-up message that appears when a shortcut cannot be used if it is already being used for another program.
5. Format Settings - GIF, WebP, WebM
You can select the quality for the GIF/WebP/WebM file formats.
- Use Dither: A smoother image can be obtained by using dither.
6. Advanced settings
You do not have to change advanced settings, except for special situations.
- Number of threads for parallel processing: Honeycam supports multicore (thread) systems to improve the tasks’ speed.
If a computer overheats or stops because of a 100% CPU usage while working on a laptop or a PC with low specifications, you can adjust the number of threads being used. (The program may run slower if the number of threads is adjusted.)
- Temporary Folder: You can change the folder for temporary files (work history, edited information, etc.) that were created while using the Honeycam for a folder with a different directory instead of the systems’ default folder.
- Browser path: After saving a recorded file, you can select a Web browser that will be used for the [Open with a browser] option.
- File naming rules: You can define the output file name.
7. Language settings
Users can choose other languages of Honeycam. » Download Honeycam program language files