Configuration :: General
The Configuration window allows the user to configure the main settings related to Bandicut such as choosing the default output folder, using a hardware accelerated H.264 encoder, changing the default language, etc.
Press the 'F5' function key or click the 'Configuration' menu to configure the main settings as shown below:
- 1 Output folder: Click the [Browse...] button to change the output folder, and click the 'Open' button to view the output folder.
- 2 Alert when opening non-seekable media files: If a file or header information is broken, an alert message will be shown.
- 3 Alert when unable to use High-speed mode: If Bandicut is unable to use High-speed mode, an alert message will be shown.
- 4 Alert when a file with that name already exists: If this option is unchecked, the file will be saved as "Filename (2).avi/mp4".
- 5 Open the output folder when complete: Check this option if you want to see the output folder after cutting/merging/splitting.
- 6 Create a log file(.log): Check this option to see the video settings, output settings after cutting/merging/splitting.
- 7 Save the file information at the beginning of the file (only MP4): If this option is checked, Bandicut will move the video information (MOOV) to the beginning of your video files which allows you to enable MP4 streaming (It lets the video begin playing before the entire video is downloaded.)
- 9 Reset: Click the [Reset button] to reset all Bandicut settings to the default.
Configuration :: Codec
- 1 Intel Quick Sync Video (Software): If you have a system equipped with Windows 7 or a later OS, you can use the 'H.264' video codec as shown above.
- 2 Intel Quick Sync Video (Hardware, Fast): If you have Windows 7/8/8.1, a new Intel CPU (i3/5/7), you can use the embedded hardware acceleration function to cut/merge/split videos "in higher speed than H.264 Basic Encoder". (Highly recommended)
» Please click here to use this function.
Configuration :: Language
- Language: Users can choose other languages of Bandicut.